Veterans Home Care
In 1952, Congress passed Title 38 of the United States Code, creating what we now call the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and authorizing benefits for veterans. One of these benefits is the Non-Service Connected Pension with “Aid & Attendance.”
Even though the pension has been around for 60 years, very few people know about it or understand how it works. Our affiliate partner has 11 years’ experience successfully helping veteran families apply for and receive the pension to pay for home care. We can help your clients, too as a well-known provider of Non-Medical Home Care in Michigan. Call us at 810-882-9915.
The “3-Ms” Required for “Aid & Attendance”
- Military: Must be a veteran or the surviving spouse of a veteran who served at least 90 days on active duty, at least one day during wartime*, with an honorable discharge.
- Medical: Must be at least 60% housebound with a non service-related medical condition.
- Money: Must have limited financial resources in relation to medical expenses.
VA Defined War Periods:
- World War II: Dec 7, 1941-Dec. 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950-Jan. 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: Aug. 5, 1964-May 7, 1975 For veterans who served Feb. 28, 1961-Aug 5, 1964, must have served “in country” (Viet Nam).
- Persian Gulf War: Aug 2, 1990- date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law. Must have served active duty for 2 years.
Maximum monthly VA pension benefits for veterans or their surviving spouses, with documented need for personal care services associated with a non service-related disability:
- Single Veteran $1,758
- Married Veteran $2,085
- Surviving Spouse $1,130
Two Married Veterans $2,760
You probably know someone who qualifies. Contact us today at 810-882-9915 or complete the online request form.
We can assist you through the application process. Our partner has 11 years of experience and an approved VA attorney on staff. They will send you a packet explaining the required documents needed for submission. Once received, they will review them and inform you within 30 days if you or your loved one will be approved by VA.
If you receive an approval, in home care will begin on the 1st of the following month.
You or your family member will not incur ANY out of pocket expense.
Call us today for more info at 810-882-9915, a senior advocate will assist you.Please complete questionnaire to see if you or your loved ones qualify for the Aid and Attendance benefit.
Call Crystal Cares Home Care today to learn more (810) 882-9915
Get Help with Info & Pricing
Let's Get Started